Tablet recommendations

Aziel Oropeza

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Looking for a tablet between the price range of $200-300,but absolute max is $350. Mainly would be used for gaming such as Real Racing 3, CSR Racing, N64 Emulator, etc. Looked at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 16GB but wanted to see if there's anything better

Sent from my Rooted, Debloated GS3 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Jack0815

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I think at least the size would be a good additional info for us to give you an advice. The Samsung is a 10 inch ... I can only double the advice from Diddy. I had a Nexus 7 for more than a year and everything went quite smooth (at least everything available at that time). In the 10"+ region the market is not as big.
Should it also fit very nice in your hands or will you prefer using a controller anyway? I was always have an eye on lenovo´s tablets because of their nice design including a stand. The yoga 2 is quite expensive, but maybe the first version is available at your price tag.
If gaming is really the only reason ... go for a shield ...

Aziel Oropeza

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I think at least the size would be a good additional info for us to give you an advice. The Samsung is a 10 inch ... I can only double the advice from Diddy. I had a Nexus 7 for more than a year and everything went quite smooth (at least everything available at that time). In the 10"+ region the market is not as big.
Should it also fit very nice in your hands or will you prefer using a controller anyway? I was always have an eye on lenovo´s tablets because of their nice design including a stand. The yoga 2 is quite expensive, but maybe the first version is available at your price tag.
If gaming is really the only reason ... go for a shield ...
It's not always for gaming since I may use it for music, a few social apps, and youtube, but it's main use would be gaming. Screen size doesn't really bother me but I would like to be in the 8 in. to maybe 10 in. I would like to to fit well in my hand but that's not too big of a deal because I use a controller, and Im not a on the go person so the tablet would mainly be on a desk or on my lap

Sent from my Rooted, Debloated GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Jack0815

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Aziel,
of course, price and performance are highly correlated. If you look at this comparison here, The fastest Android gaming tablets - CNET , the shield is the only one within your price range. I would stick with this advice if should be a new one. Otherwise, look if you can get one of the others used. Gaming is definitely the most demanding task for a tablet. So if it has great performance there, everything else (social stuff, surfing ...) should be no problem.
Kind Regards