LG Tribute root

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It appears that a developer named Unjustified Dev posting in the XDA forums has gotten root for this phone, and its variants.

[GUIDE] New Root Method for LG Devices | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

This is the page where Unjustified Dev says he rooted it (post #375)

[Q] Anyone interested in LG Tribute developm… - Pg. 38 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Also have a working TWRP here (post #492)

[Q] Anyone interested in LG Tribute developm… - Pg. 50 | Android Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

I haven't tried it yet. Based on the few posts I've read in those threads, it seems to be working. Rooting will require using adb in windows, because of the tools involved.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Works for me! Thanks to the UD guy at xda for discovering this exploit. I also have TWRP recovery up and running. I skipped the fastboot install as I want to maintain the Tribute's download mode. It was originally designed to work with LG G2 phones. There's no firmware file out yet for the Tribute/F60 phones in North America. The D390's in Europe have a few AFAIK. For now I simply freeze apps I don't want in the background with Titanium.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
One click method. Based on the original steps of the manual method, but refined. This is now the recommended way to root the LG Tribute.

[Guide] Root LG firmwares (KitKat / Lollipop… | LG G3 | XDA Forums

Don't forget to install TWRP. (Link in first post, must be bumped version!) Can be installed with Flashify.

If you don't want to install the ZV5 update, follow this post:

[Q/A] [VM/Sprint/Boost] LG Tribute LS660/F60 Troubleshoot/Tips [ALL NON DEV PROBLEMS] - Post #9 - XDA Forums

Some folks installing ZV5 have had problems getting phone service. That's enough for me to stay away from it, for now. A few xda devs are attempting to make a modded ZV5 that eliminates these issues, among a few others that would affect rooted phones.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing for the Mac or a stand alone method. Sorry. You'll have to use a PC natively running Windows, or a virtual machine with at least Windows 7 on a Mac.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo