Just found out how to import Facebook events!

G

GenericMessage

Is this old news? If it is, i'll say no more, if it isn't tell me and I'll post how its done!

G

GenericMessage

At the bottom of your events page on Facebook there is a link that says "export events"

it then pops up with a link that you can copy and paste into a new calendar on google cal, or it will download a file that you can upload to google cal.

G

GenericMessage

Either did I.

Its always something I hear Android users desire so badly!

So yesterday while looking at birthdays for the up-coming month I noticed the little "export calendar" at the bottom of the screen. And the rest you know!

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
At the bottom of your events page on Facebook there is a link that says "export events"

it then pops up with a link that you can copy and paste into a new calendar on google cal, or it will download a file that you can upload to google cal.

can you eloborate a lil for us slow people?? step by step maybe

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I did all these steps and no luck. Copied the link then pasted to Google Cal and it shows the Calendar added but no events show up???

danidiva

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i just choose it to send me an email (i use my gmail account with fb) and then open up gmail email, click the link to add the event to my google calendar (auto-syncs with phone) and voila. eazy peazy.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
1. If you go to your facebook events page (Welcome to Facebook | Facebook), there's a link at the very bottom titled "export events".

2. Clicking this will give you a window with another link. If you click this, it'll download a .ics file. But you don't want to download it.

3. Instead, right click it and copy the link.

4. In google calendar, select the "add" option at the bottom of the other calendars pane.

5. Select "add by URL" and paste that link in there. It should import your calendar and even update it as new events are added.

I think that's what I did to get my calendar on google calendars. The only downside is that your phone will name the calendar whatever the URL was for some reason.

Reactions: bcbbanga4l

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i did this and it shows up on google calendars at the bottom but does not import any events >_< really want all my friends birthdays just too lazy to add em 1 by 1 so guess im sol

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I think it took a few days for it to update for some reason. Or is there an update button?

I'm not sure how to add birthdays..
I just manually added my closest friend's birthdays to their google contact files.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513