What devices are easiest to root?

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I am currently a BlackBerry owner, but only because I haven't become eligible to upgrade yet. When I can upgrade (which will be on 10/11) I will be getting the latest and greatest android my carrier has available.

My question is what devices seem to be the easiest to root? I read the android forums often and the articles here on this site, so I know what rooting is. I'd just like to know if there's a certain manufacturer that seems to be easier than another, and so on. If it helps all of you make better recommendations, My carrier is at&t.

Thanks for your help! :cool:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Historically, Motorola has been known to lock down the bootloader so you can't root the phone, and if you can, it's very limited access. HTC started to go this route with recent phones but have gone on record, along Motorola, claiming to provide an avenue to allow consumers to unlock the phones and have root access rather easily.

Keep an eye on new releases and forums of current at&t phones to see how phones can be rooted. Motorola and HTC are pushing some great phones to market...

sheanzyy

Feb 5, 2011
www.youtube.com
Once released, 2-3 weeks in will result into some sort of rooting guide. With that being said, if you can follow directions, whether its a one-click or simple commands, anyone can root their phone.

Some methods take patience...others takes zero common sense. Almost any HTC phone will be easy to root. :)

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have rooted before. My wife has a Sony Xperia x10a and it was difficult to root, but not impossible. I was hoping my device, when I finally get an android would be easier. I still have some time till I am eligible for my upgrade, and honestly, I don't think the phone being extremely difficult to root would be enough to deter me. I just want to get as much information as I can before the upgrade, so I can make an educated decision.