Reboot during data use

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My Desire keeps rebooting during moderate-to-heavy data use, such as loading several websites at once or updating larger apps (the Maps 5.7 update took many attempts for instance). As you might figure, this is extremely annoying. I've tried several different radio versions. I don't think it's related to my ROM as this happened even back when I was running stock, though it does seem to be more frequent lately.

Ideas, other than getting a new phone in a few months?

tedsc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Same problem on my Evo. Googling the problem and it looks like a common problem among HTC phones. It is too bad really, I like my Evo a lot but going to get anSamsung next time around so I don't have to deal with this headache anymore.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I found too. Real shame, they're built like tanks in other aspects.

Bit of an update on this: I RUU'd my phone and sent it off to HTC for repairs last week. The problem just kept getting worse, and it wasn't just during data use either - was playing Chrono Cross on a flight to Sweden two weeks ago and it still did it, even though the phone was in flight mode. The bottom half of the phone gets insanely warm and it reboots a few seconds after that. I'll be happy if HTC can get it to hold together until the Snapdragon S4 devices hit the market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon