Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Activator for iPhone, Is there an equivalent for Android?

I will be making the much needed switch to Android fairly soon (LG Thrill), and there is one iPhone jailbreak app that I will miss. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of an Android alternative to Activator for the iPhone.
    In case you don't know Activator is an app to associate certain hardware key combinations and gestures with doing certain tasks. The main use I have for it is a short hold on the volume down key toggles play/pause while the volume up short hold toggles next track. It can be used for many other things like a screen swipe opening an app or pinching on the home screen brings up the ipod controls.

I am not looking for a button re-mapper. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Activator for iPhone, Is there an equivalent for Android?

I was an Iphoner and used Activator, I therefore knew how clever is Activator.

There is an app called Zmooth for rooted Android phone.

I tried on my ArcS but I compelled to remove recently due to it is not as same as Activator. You can try on.

Until now, I have not found any same app for my ArcS
    Last edited by oachxalach; 12-28-2011 at 10:33 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think a true replacement for Activator would have to be baked into a ROM unfortunately. There don't seem to be any apps that truly mimic Activator.
    Banned

hi,I'm new. I found right now an app called tasker,but i don't know if you need to root your phone.
    just try it ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by MrMuggles88 View Post
    hi,I'm new. I found right now an app called tasker,but i don't know if you need to root your phone.
    just try it ;-D
    Back in my iPhone days, I would use activator with a cydia package called springflash which would allow me (via activator) to assign a hardware action or set of actions that would activate the led flash on the phone to be used as a flashlight. Is there a way to replicate this with tasker?

I switch to android to see what i could customize tweak, but now I am realizing the iphone was more simpler to tweak. I guess the grass is always greener.
    Maybe if I had more background in coding...

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Michaels View Post
    Back in my iPhone days, I would use activator with a cydia package called springflash which would allow me (via activator) to assign a hardware action or set of actions that would activate the led flash on the phone to be used as a flashlight. Is there a way to replicate this with tasker?

I switch to android to see what i could customize tweak, but now I am realizing the iphone was more simpler to tweak. I guess the grass is always greener.
    Maybe if I had more background in coding...
    There are widgets available in the Play Store that will activate the LED flash as a flashlight. Most android phones come with that ability out of the box with no tweaking necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by crwallace2 View Post
    There are widgets available in the Play Store that will activate the LED flash as a flashlight. Most android phones come with that ability out of the box with no tweaking necessary.
    Widgets are great but you still have to unlock the phone and look at the screen and press it. With activator you can, for example, press the power button of the phone twice and that will initiate the flash light... this is much better when you are in need of the flash light quickly...I wish android had something like that...

Lightbulb Re: Activator for iPhone, Is there an equivalent for Android?

OMG This is what I want to say my Android Friends Iphone tweaks are more easy way to go, im wondering How can i get Activator !!! >> since 4 years im iphone user and recently bought Note 2 (still I have Iphone this entire conversation is what im looking for Please help to get a tweaks like that even i looked Cydia substrate for Android mm no use as of know....

Help Help .... Droid help