Help w/Text messages with a download button

liquidbean

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Why is it on some text messages that I receive - will have a download button. It does nothing!~!!! It says it is downloading but nothing ever comes of it.
Not even the text part shows just who it was from. I have received texts with pictures with no problems, then randomly I'll get one of these.
:cool:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the cache in the messaging app and in your email app

Settings -> Applications -> All Then search for the apps.

Sometimes downloads get mucked up if the cache get's wonky.

Hope this helps.

liquidbean

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't seem to matter. Even the ones between my husband and I are coming that way. And now when I try to send a text with an attached picture to anyone it just keeps trying to send, never completes the mission. A plain text goes fine.

21sandypoint

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to say "ME TOO" on the issue that LIQUDBEAN is describing. For reasons that are unclear my Galaxy Nexus is selectively receivng messages and displaying the no subject line only a download button... but nothing ever downloads. the Senders are other verizon users, it doesn't always happen to their messages to me. I checked the cache as recommended and cleared them to no avail. Open to ideas!
this is sort of a buzz kill over the usefullness of the Nexus!

tommigun

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Same problem. US Cellular Desire running CM7. I have tried with both the stock messaging app and recently installed Handcent. I have reflashed as well...no love. Any ideas appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Had this same problem. Make sure that you are connected to the internet when you hit download. I just did it on my phone and it worked!

Hope this helps!

This is absolutely correct--the phone needs to have mobile data (3G or 4G) turned ON in order to download an MMS message, i.e. any text message that includes a photo or video. Wifi actually doesn't work for this--it has to be mobile data.

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It is not a phone dependent issue. Causes range from having data turned off, to network coverage, signal strength, cellular traffic, and corrupted data from the sender.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Matthew_3000

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
My big question is that it's doing this with messages of maybe 3 words for example. There should be no reason to need data for this! Is this why my data is being chewed up so quickly & why? If this is correct is there a way around this?

mzadie

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
MInes does this on text that do not have photos or videos attached.I have this same problem, and also I cant send a text message over 70 characters for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Kelley

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this post. I had the same problem and discovered that I had data turned off in mobile networks. Once I enabled that and 4G/LTE in mobile networks / network mode I was able to download all the messages that previously had only shown up as unreadable I undownloadable buttons. I thank you and so does everyone who has been trying to send me messages

Sexywoman 55

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Why is it on some text messages that I receive - will have a download button. It does nothing!~!!! It says it is downloading but nothing ever comes of it.Not even the text part shows just who it was from. I have received texts with pictures with no problems, then randomly I'll get one of these.:cool:
My text messages wont come in saying downloading. 24kb

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruce Righter

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. This hasn't happened to me often, but it was frustrating when it did.I HAVE searched for a solution several times, but this is the first answer I've seen.
Simple solution of using 4G to download.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol