how do you bypass app and view full facebook webpage?

jamesmb47

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I hate the apps for facebook, have since using a pre-. I was able to find a url to bypass the palm app and view the full site but have been unable to do so with my EVO4g using GB. HELP!!!

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Opera Mini on my Inspire as my browser, and bookmarked FB and access it like that. It still doesn't render a full HTML version of FB, but it's a lot better than the pre-installed version.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to find a browser or something that allows you to change the User Agent I believe it's called. It's the setting/file that websites use to determine if you should get the mobile or full version.

Reactions: jamesmb47

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you just click " desktop" at the bottom of the page? You can always dl skyfire browser from the market. That displays desktop versoions of pages

jamesmb47

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to find a browser or something that allows you to change the User Agent I believe it's called. It's the setting/file that websites use to determine if you should get the mobile or full version.

I downloaded DolphinHD was able to change the user agent, got my desktop version. Woot!
Addons make it the most extreme browser I've ever used. The free version is all I need. Epic Win!
Thanks SnyperX!:)

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad it helped! I use Dolphin HD as my primary as well, though I play with Firefox betas to see if they have improved. The addons definitely make Dolphin worth it, I guess I haven't needed the user agent function otherwise I'd have mentioned that specifically lol

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
You can change the user agent on the stock browser (Google or search for about:config) however it's not as easy as it is with some other browsers and it doesn't retain the setting.