Misleading AdMob Ads

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Recently I've started seeing an ad that claims I need 2 updates for my battery and speed. It goes to a misleading page using the Android Market colors and then clicks through to a market page for RoboBoost. Obviously a crap app that pretends to tune your phone.
Does anyone know how to report the misleading use of the Android Market look and feel they're using to lure people into clicking this ad? I can't find anything on AdMob's site on how to report false or misleading advertising.

Here's the page you see if you click the AdMob ad.
http://www.upgradeandroids.com/Battery Guard - 062011/v4/v4_2solow.html

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Those adds are very misleading and I wonder how many people click it thinking its the phone system prompting it. Its a shame that these adds are like this and probably get many clicks from people not aware and really think something is wrong or an improvement can be made to the phones battery life.

Huckle_Berry.40

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That is an advertisement for some third party and not something from the market. I would not recommend clicking on them. If you are rooted you can install Ad Free and it will block most of those ads. If you aren't rooted then just don't click on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20