Swype won't let me finish

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my phone swype worked great. Lately it will not let me finish a word before it vibrates and tries to do part of a word. I've tried slowing down, making sure I'm not picking up my finger to indicate I've finished swyping that word, other things that might be causing this. It just seems to be jumping the gun for all but very short words like "to" and "get" - any suggestions?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my phone swype worked great. Lately it will not let me finish a word before it vibrates and tries to do part of a word. I've tried slowing down, making sure I'm not picking up my finger to indicate I've finished swyping that word, other things that might be causing this. It just seems to be jumping the gun for all but very short words like "to" and "get" - any suggestions?
I would try removing the app and re adding it. U also can try going to manage apps and try clearing all data and see if that fixes it.

kathyathome

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I would try removing the app and re adding it. U also can try going to manage apps and try clearing all data and see if that fixes it.
Thank you yoda for the suggestions. I ended up with tech support, who also advised the data clearing. Unfortunately you can't uninstall swype (maybe could if rooted, but I'm not). The data clearing made it worse, ended up with a crazy keyboard and even more problems. They figured it was just corrupted. I had to completely clear and reset the phone - ack! I need to spend less time with devices, that's for sure! I think I'll go outside and sit in the sun instead. :-$

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you yoda for the suggestions. I ended up with tech support, who also advised the data clearing. Unfortunately you can't uninstall swype (maybe could if rooted, but I'm not). The data clearing made it worse, ended up with a crazy keyboard and even more problems. They figured it was just corrupted. I had to completely clear and reset the phone - ack! I need to spend less time with devices, that's for sure! I think I'll go outside and sit in the sun instead. :-$

yes factory reset do suck.