Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By baseballfanz
  • 1 Post By Richard Devine
  • 1 Post By yodatom10
  • 1 Post By Tracemap
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How do you transfer apps from old phone to a new phone

    How can you transfer all the apps you have on an old Droid to new Droid device so don't have to re-download all the apps again?

    Wanted to know how to do this before I upgrade from the D2 to the D3

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default

    If you allow Google to backup your apps they will restore once you log in to the same google account
    with the new phone.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    steelhand69 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How do you transfer apps from old phone to a new phone

    As above....or if you're rooted use something like Super Manager or Titanium Backup to backup all your apk's to your SD card. Titanium Backup will also sync them to a Dropbox account.

    If you do use this method, Titanium will also if you ask it to, restore the market link for the apps you install as well so it will pick up updates etc
    steelhand69 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: How do you transfer apps from old phone to a new phone

    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    If you allow Google to backup your apps they will restore once you log in to the same google account
    with the new phone.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Are you referring to the back up setting under the privacy option under settings or something else?
    That option mentions restore data, if it restores the apps as well that would be great.
  5. #5  
    yodatom10's Avatar

    Posts
    1,891 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,050 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnmaloney View Post
    Are you referring to the back up setting under the privacy option under settings or something else?
    That option mentions restore data, if it restores the apps as well that would be great.
    It should also restore the apps.
    steelhand69 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How do you transfer apps from old phone to a new phone

    If you want transfer apps from D2 to the D3, you can do it withĎs Android Backup Manager export/import feature.
    Actually you can transfer contacts files from D2 to D3 directly.
    - Connect two Devices to PC.
    - Choose the category list of one device that you need to export files.
    - Check the files that need to export in the Content Panel and click "Transfer Apps from device to device" button.
    - All the checked files from one device can be transferred to the other one.
    cYask8 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How do you transfer apps from old phone to a new phone

    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How do you transfer apps from old phone to a new phone

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhand69 View Post
    How can you transfer all the apps you have on an old Droid to new Droid device so don't have to re-download all the apps again?

    Wanted to know how to do this before I upgrade from the D2 to the D3

    Thanks
  9. #9  

    Lightbulb Re: How do you transfer apps from old phone to a new phone

    I had an LG phone and now have a track phone but I can't download my phone contacts from the LG?

Posting Permissions