Upgrading Huawei Ascend M860 from 2.1 to 2.2

B455HUNT3R

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As the title implies, I want to upgrade my FW version from 2.1 to 2.2.

I have verified from my carriers website, (MetroPCS), and that my phone happens to be one that is able to upgrade.

However, the .pdf file included in the zip file included with the upgrade file states that only about 7 certain versions can be upgraded. The problem with me though is that while one of the versions mention is similar to mine, it's missing numbers and letters at the end (ie version in pdf says "B258" at the end, while mine says "B258SP01")

Because of this difference, I am not upgrading my phone yet without making sure that this will not jack my phone up.

Any ideas?

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't upgrade, root. I'm working on setting upmy girls ascend. From what I understand its easier done from 2.1 than 2.2. And then you can flash cm7 2.3.3 at least, maybe even 7.1 by now which is 2.3.5...but way more customizable. Rooting turned my optimus s from limp to rockin...doubled my batt life and performance.
Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the above on not installing that update. As you notice in this forum, sombody else has tried this, and it fubarred the phone.

But if you wish to try it, I suggest first going into recovery, and do a backup of your phone. At least then, you'll be able to boot into recovery and restore it, if the update failed.

Also, what the previous poster mentioned, is that to ROOT your phone, and install a custom Rom which will give you a more up to date version of android, without all the bloatware and carrier skins.

But I'm not sure if you wish to delve into this or not, although lots of folks here have done this. It depends on if you want to do the "techie" things. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc