Can I reload paid apps after warranty exchange?

andro1d

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't find a clear answer despite searching a quick question about exchanging my Droid. I had dropped her on the bottom left corner (with body glove case and junk belt clip) and "spidered" the screen pretty bad although it's still usable. This is the reason I've been paying for insurance every time I get a phone, so no worries aside from a stiff deductable. I have no idea if the Android Market paid apps are available to download again after I log back into the market account after the phones exchanged. Is this the case or will I be required to pay for them again? I don't want to root the phone just yet because I know it's going to be sent in. I don't want to chance a problem with a $600 phone claim (and I paid for a new one outright so I could insure it). I don't have a lot of apps yet so it's not killing me but I would like to make it as easy vs. inexpensive as possible.
Thanks all,
-Will

My first post on AC!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Heya Will, welcome to AC!

As long as you use the same Google login on your new droid, all your paid apps will be available from your "downloads" section of the market.

A handy tip - The first time you load the market on your new Droid, all your free apps will be there too. Might wanna install them all before you close the market, as the second time you open it they are gone and you have to search them again. Your paid apps are tied to your account forever, and will always show in your downloads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol