Galaxy S1 - Black Screen.

kentuckylodge

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a galaxy s1 on ebay. Probably first mistake as it was "near new". It worked for a little while then started to do weird things, like having the display upside down, different colours in the screen display and not being able to turn on etc. I fiddled around and probably stuffed things up.

I have tried the three button set up system and have have used Kies to update drivers etc.

Now I have a black screen but I hear the start up sounds and the buttons on the bottom light up. No matter what method I try I cannot get the samsung symbol and start up display. I cannot flash because I cannot get any display.

I have purchased a usb jig and am awaiting delivery.

What else can I try. Are there other operating systems that I can install. If so, what and how would I go about it.

I have contacted Samsung and they advised me to get the original purchase order from the E-Bay seller and they would service it under warranty but as this nice person is not responsive that is not an option.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a galaxy s1 on ebay. Probably first mistake as it was "near new". It worked for a little while then started to do weird things, like having the display upside down, different colours in the screen display and not being able to turn on etc. I fiddled around and probably stuffed things up.

I have tried the three button set up system and have have used Kies to update drivers etc.

Now I have a black screen but I hear the start up sounds and the buttons on the bottom light up. No matter what method I try I cannot get the samsung symbol and start up display. I cannot flash because I cannot get any display.

I have purchased a usb jig and am awaiting delivery.

What else can I try. Are there other operating systems that I can install. If so, what and how would I go about it.

I have contacted Samsung and they advised me to get the original purchase order from the E-Bay seller and they would service it under warranty but as this nice person is not responsive that is not an option.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you have a dead screen and will need the order # to get it fixed

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol