My Pardon, but I am new....

ramothgold

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Gravity Smart, and I have read up on almost all there is to know about rooting, unfortunately my phone is so new or unpopular as the case may be that I cannot find any how tos for this particular phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Samsung Gravity Smart
Android OS v2.2.2

Keep Moving Forward,
Ramothgold

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ramothgold, as soon as we have more information on the device I'm sure we will have a section for it here at Android Central.

ramothgold

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Thinking

I was wondering if it is possible or advisable to root, then uninstall tetris, uno, aim, allshare, messaging, bejeweled, files, and photobucket, glympse. Then to create a nand backup and unroot my phone. The only reason I wanted to root it in the first place was to get rid of some of the useless things taking up space.

I was also wondering if anyone had luck with removing google cloud was that able to be uninstalled without too much fuss and group messaging?

Taking a

Any thoughts would be exceedingly helpful. :cool:

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ramothgold, as soon as we have more information on the device I'm sure we will have a section for it here at Android Central.

can we get a forum for this phone model please?

source is released for it @ opensource.samsung.com
i dont think the phone will prosper without a forum.
if it goes unnoticed, no one will develop.
its a good, decent lil phone

Samsung Gravity Smart SGH-T589 aka G2
froyo 2.2.2
baseband T589UVKE7
Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf se.infra@SEP-42 #1
Build FROYO.UVKE7
800mghz cpu

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, nand backups are always advisable ;)

Keeping a phone rooted has no ill effects on the phone. And it's more convienant if you decide to install some apps in the future that require root access.

As with uninstalling apps, be careful about uninstalling system apps. For example, your stock messaging app. Sure, there are messaging apps like Handcent, GoSms, that certainly have more options than the stock app, but, they sometimes rely on the stock app to function. If you look at the website for Handcent, they will caution you NOT to remove the system sms app, or Hancent will not function. You can run both, just turn off the system sms's notifications, and delete the icon.

Hope this helped!