Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Complaining about Smartphones

Hello All:

I'm trying to understand why people get so upset with their phones or other phones. If I asked you this question would you be able to answer it with a honest response.

"If your phone could do anything what would you want it to do for you?"

If you can answer that question honestly, then people should not be complaining about the phone that they own.

I was just wondering because people are always complaining about their phone, there is a very small percent that doesn't complain.

I hope we find the best smartphone for our needs.

Global Posts
    13,574 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Complaining about Smartphones

Quote Originally Posted by Blove23 View Post
    Hello All:

I'm trying to understand why people get so upset with their phones or other phones. If I asked you this question would you be able to answer it with a honest response.

"If your phone could do anything what would you want it to do for you?"

If you can answer that question honestly, then people should not be complaining about the phone that they own.
    Experiences vary from phone to phone. Often, phone glitches/software problems are the root of many peoples frustrations with a device. Other times, it's the persons lack of understanding of what the phone does or can do.

I was just wondering because people are always complaining about their phone, there is a very small percent that doesn't complain.

I hope we find the best smartphone for our needs.
    Technology is constantly evolving and offering new ways to easy the way/how we do things on a day to day basis. With the variety offered by Android and the OEMs, I'm sure people with find the "best" smartphone for their daily needs.
    Blove23 likes this.

Ill agree with srkmangus on this.

People will usually have expectations set with a phone when it is being hyped and advertised. Once it finally releases, there are usually bugs with it and it doesnt live up to expectations of the user, hence why there is lot of complaining.

It's not just in the smartphone realm however, this will happen with any consumer product that is highly anticipated. I can remember all the greif about the Xbox 360's when they first came out and all the bugs that came with them. Not to mention as well as the Red Ring of Death problem that continues to grip those consoles at a 54.4% failure rate. But you dont hear too many people complain any more. Why? Because it is now the expectation of the consoles.

I personally dont have many complaints about the smartphones that i have had. I am not home alot myself, so i use my smartphone for email, social networking and even applying for jobs and sometimes shopping on amazon or ebay. Then in the bordem that will ensue most of the time, entertainment. Be that music or games. But thats just me. Everyone has to find their own way and reasons to buy these products for themselves.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

I would not gage the "complaint factor" by posts here or in other forums - the reality is we are a very small minority of the user base. Most people don't complain about their device at all - or for the most part use it to even a fraction of it's capabilities.

Same holds true for computers, software and most consumer electronics. Have you ever really needed a "new feature" in Microsoft Office? Most people are not even aware of 90%+ of the capabilities of Office!

The kvetching in forums can mostly be attributed to a number of factors - Keyboard Courage, Bug's that only a minority even realize are bugs and the Geekdom that we all suffer from to get every last bit of functionality out of our phones!