Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC sence on non HTC phone

just wondering are there any phones that have a HTC sence rom made for it thats not a HTC phone. I guess im wondering cause i like what i see with the new galaxy s II coming out but love HTC sence so im wondering if it can be rooted and have sence put on it?

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: HTC sence on non HTC phone

Quote Originally Posted by tada1096 View Post
    just wondering are there any phones that have a HTC sence rom made for it thats not a HTC phone. I guess im wondering cause i like what i see with the new galaxy s II coming out but love HTC sence so im wondering if it can be rooted and have sence put on it?
    some phones will have roms built for it but it wont be true sense. its up to the rom devs to decide if they want to make a sense based rom for the gs2.
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: HTC sence on non HTC phone

Quote Originally Posted by tada1096 View Post
    HTC Sense is proprietary, and as such, it will not function on a non-HTC phone, or an HTC phone that doesn't have the hardware to support it.

At the best, your phone (if you were successful in flashing it), would freeze at the boot logo, forcing you to flash your previous ROM backup)

At the worst, you'll brick your phone, black screen.

As the previous posted stated, some ROM developers, have incorporated their own version of a sense clone into their ROMs. Although it's not as close to HTC sense, it suffices. Honestly, I don't miss it at all.