Message App become slow

Mihir

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hii

i am using Dell XCD 35. its nice phone and works very good
But i am facing problem as from purchase of my phone there are many SMS in my inbox
so now when i am looking for messages app works very slow

even if i am trying to scroll it takes time

Other app works perfect.
what could be solution.

Thanks,
Mihir

Mihir

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for your kind reply.

my message may be around 600 to 800.

1500-2000 message were create no problem in my old nokia phone.

so i must assume as this phone have more capacity than my old nokia 5200 it should not create any problem in managing message.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mihr,

You post is a better fit in the Help & How to forum vs. the intro forum, so I've moved it here. Feel free to introduce there.

More importantly, you asked a good question. Your particular phone was released back in December of 2010. In Android years, that is about 50, especially when these manufactures are releasing new handsets constantly. The XCD 35 is on the low side with 200 MB of internal storage, and 256 MB RAM. It is also running Eclair a very old version of the Android OS. All of this means that you are going to suffer from performance issues and will need to really monitor how much you put on this device. You may need to limit the number of apps you install, and do a regular cleanup of your inbox (including SMS). There are apps that can export your SMS messages for later viewing, but I'm not sure if there are any apps that still support Eclair.

If you're in the Market for a new phone, I would make sure it has a minimum of 1GB of internal storage space and 512MB of RAM. Even those numbers are getting a little stale. I expect they will triple or even quadruple over the next year. That said, there are plenty of options out there that would give you a much better experience as well.

Mihir

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey Thanks for Guiding me

Dell has updated its android version from 2.1 to 2.2 froyo
i was wanting a mobile in low affordable price and with large display size
so i choose XCD 35

i love this community. the way you all guys are managing it is really appreciable.
at time of purchase i feel it is having 600 MHz CPU is it not ok??

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

so i choose XCD 35

i love this community. the way you all guys are managing it is really appreciable.

Hi Mihir, welcome. Unfortunately Cory is right about your device and the specs are on the low end, which will require a bit more maintenance than other, newer devices that are pushing higher cpu speeds and memory capacity. You might want to start with clearing old or un-needed messages and see if that helps. If there is anything important you can download apps in the market that allow you to save sms messages to gmail, backup for future restore, or simply save as a csv file. Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions :)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

so i choose XCD 35

As we all agree, the specs are a bit low for todays phones. But don't feel bad about it. As long as the phone works well, and does what you want it to do, then you spent your money wisely.

The only problem I see, is that Dell, is not really in the phone business, their primary business is PC's, so in the future, you may see total support drop for your phone, so don't be surprised.

Don't be so worried about your cpu. If you don't plan to use it as a multimedia device, then you're quite alright. Some of the more recent phones, HTC Desire Z for example, only ship with 800MHz.

As all others have said, Welcome to AC!

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
and the tip for the day is, set yourself up a schedule, say monthly or quarterly, and delete your texts (either by backing them up somehow or total deletion). then you won't run into this problem again.

Mihir

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm
now my message app works smoothly because i remove many of my SMS.

Thanks all for your kind support

i want to buy one another android phone whose range may be around 8000-12000 Indian Rupees.
Which one you guys suggest??:)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Spend the most you can afford. Don't buy cheap, or you get cheap.

HTC and Samsung have some pretty sporty phones. You won't go wrong with either.

1gb internal memory is the minimum, as well as a 1GHz processor. Some of the newer phones have a bit more, but at a larger price.

I have an HTC Desire, which only has 512mb internal memory. Yes, some will give me a hard time, but I am a master at memory management, and am pleased with this phone. I also use a custom ROM which helps as well.

A Desire you should be able to get for about 300 dollars right now, as it's coming up on 2 yrs old. But, is still a solid phone.

Don't forget the HTC Thunderbolt. It's still quite a new model, with great specs, but suffered from problems when first released. They have since been fixed via software updates. However, the publicity was so bad, prices were reduced for it. So again, you should find a good bargain for a recent phone.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
i want to buy one another android phone whose range may be around 8000-12000 Indian Rupees.
Which one you guys suggest??:)

That's a pretty tough questions to answer given that we don't know the specifics about your situation (carrier needs, pricing deals, availability, etc). As Cory suggested, it's more about specs. I'd look for at least a 1GHz processor, at least 1GB internal storage, and frankly 1GB of RAM. It's extremely hard to buy a future-proof Android phone, so just do the best you can given your situation:)

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the HTC Thunderbolt. It's still quite a new model, with great specs, but suffered from problems when first released. They have since been fixed via software updates. However, the publicity was so bad, prices were reduced for it. So again, you should find a good bargain for a recent phone.

I'm assuming we're talking India, so I don't think the Thunderbolt will function there. However, I agree with the HTC sentiment. I love HTC phones and have found the company to be friendly and reliable. And, if possible, try to buy a phone that's no more than 4, maybe 6, months old...again, if possible=/

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Last edited: