Gmail Sync Issues?

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just a question for everyone...

My GMail two-way sync seems to be off. My phone syncs with gmail, but it seems gmail won't sync with my phone. So if I read or delete something on my phone, it doesn't change on gmail.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this right now. It normally works.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Clear the cache and data out of your Gmail app. This will force a fresh re-sync and you should start seeing deletions propagate.

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Clear the cache and data out of your Gmail app. This will force a fresh re-sync and you should start seeing deletions propagate.

My gmail will sync and everything and when I delete, it also deletes but then when I go to empty out my trash, nothing deletes. will deleting the cache also help that problem?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
is it possible that the new gmail update has something to do with this? so far this morning i've read several similar threads over at phandroid and droidforums.

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
ever since the update my phone isn't syncing instantly anymore. I don't see an option to manipulate the sync intervals either..This is screwing with my work...

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have to manually sync. Only thing I changed recently is I removed Google Calendar sync from my WIn 7 Outlook 2010. I have leared cache and cleared data both. No help. Last thing I did was I read about a guy who uninstalled GMail and reinstalled it. I can only seem to back out the last update. I can't remove the entire app. SO I uninstalled latest update and reinstalled it. It now says Waiting for Sync and Your Meail will appear shortly. We'll see if it ever frakking does. If not I'm going to go to the Verizon store and .

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I have to manually sync. Only thing I changed recently is I removed Google Calendar sync from my WIn 7 Outlook 2010. I have leared cache and cleared data both. No help. Last thing I did was I read about a guy who uninstalled GMail and reinstalled it. I can only seem to back out the last update. I can't remove the entire app. SO I uninstalled latest update and reinstalled it. It now says Waiting for Sync and Your Meail will appear shortly. We'll see if it ever frakking does. If not I'm going to go to the Verizon store and .

You can only delete the Gmail app if you are rooted. Since you uninstalled the updates try re-installing updates via Play Store and reboot.

You may also try removing the account then add new and see if that helps. Be sure to Sync everything else before removing the account to sync with Google.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I discovered that I had syncing turned off in the power contro lwidget. I'm syncing now but only after I uninstalled and re-installed that GMail update. Downside is that now GMail is making noise when it receives a new email and I don't know how to turn the noise off. For GMail all I want is notifications in the notification bar. I don't want to silence the phone because calendar events should still sound. Anyone?

JerseyJeanie

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My phone is the LG Optimus V / Virgin Mobile

I have been having this issue for about a week (since the last Gmail App update on my LG Optimus V. I don't know how to clear the cache in the phone. I have gone over every option I know of on the phone, but don't remember seeing anything about clearing the cache.

PLUS, there used to be a little box to check to delete call and now I have to open each message to delete. Pain in the rear-end :)

LASTLY, when I turn off my computer at night the sync'ing stops until I turn back on. It used to sync regardless of whether my computer was on or off...

I have no idea how to delete the latest update... appears that I can only delete ALL updates from the phone

I have turned the phone on/off... sigh.

Can anyone help???

Jeanie

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can clear the cache by going to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> All Search for the Gmail app and select it. Then clear cache.

Also check under Settings -> Accounts and Sync select your Gmail account and make sure it's checked to sync.

johnb0072

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried that to no avail and it won't let me upload screenshots it says its the wrong jpeg extension guess I'll do a hard reset tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty