Gmail Dead? help

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was messing around with sync settings for facebook and twitter. not sure if it has anything to do with it, or when this problem started but the Gmail app will not open. i tried checking in the Market and there was an update but the problem is still there. Now, the market wont open either.

anyone else have this? i searched but couldnt find anything.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
How? gmail is totally dead. Won't open at all. Sync is the least of my worries.

sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My settings are a little different but I cleared data. Clear cache was blacked out and I couldn't press it. Anyway I still can't open gmail or the market. Thanks for trying.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a reset after your GB update? I'm trying to remember from some of the other threads you have posted in. If not you might want to consider that route. It's a PITA, but it should fix the problem.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't yet. Ive been trying to figure out how. My Google talk isn't working either. it seems like something with my Google login is screwed up. How do you do a factory reset?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
On the OG DInc it's under Menu -> Settings -> SD & phone storage -> Factory data reset (Scroll to bottom) Should be in same or somewhere nearby in the DInc2.

Be sure you backup your Contacts if you have them in Phone contacts and not in Gmail. Also be sure you take the time to make some notes about your screens and in general save any data you can. This will erase everything from the phone, but not your SD Card. Market will remember your paid apps but not your free ones. Gmail will remember your contacts if they are saved there.

Good luck!