after hard reset - can I get my apps back from SD card?

Hawaii Built

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I needed to do a hard reset on my Sensation to resolve a bluetooth issue. In an attempt to save my downloaded apps, I used Gemini App Manager to move the apps to my SD card prior to the reset. I reinstalled Gemini App Manager thinking I could simply move the apps from the SD card back to the phone but with no luck (manager does not list any apps on my SD card to move).

Can androidcentral offer any help please?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No. If you moved the apps to the sd card it more than likely moved parts of the app and not the part needed to properly restore.

The only way to backup apps is to Nandroid (full system backup) or use a backup manager like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro. You can also enable syncing with Google by going to Menu > Settings > Privacy > backup with google servers. There's problems with the built in backup feature in that it doesn't always backup, but is better than nothing if you are not rooted.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No. If you moved the apps to the sd card it more than likely moved parts of the app and not the part needed to properly restore.

The only way to backup apps is to Nandroid (full system backup) or use a backup manager like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro. You can also enable syncing with Google by going to Menu > Settings > Privacy > backup with google servers. There's problems with the built in backup feature in that it doesn't always backup, but is better than nothing if you are not rooted.

non rooted phones can back up and restore apps to sd using astro file manager.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463