No texts???

bro1ncos

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Motorola Atrix last week and have noticed that I do not get any texts from about 9pm until about 2am each night even though I know there are ones sent at that time.

Is there a setting that I am missing that would turn off the ability to receive texts at certain times?

Thanks.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. Even if you had a "sleep mode", that would only turn off the notification sounds, the texts would come through.

The problem, would be with the providers, either from where they were sent, or with your provider. Perhaps they were doing message handler maintenance.

During high traffic hours it is common for sms to be delayed. At New Years, for example, I sometimes don't get a sent message for a day or so.

95% of the time, sms is received a minute or less after it is sent.

Also, phone numbers, are assigned in blocks, each block is assigned a specific message handler/server. Sometimes, a number is assigned to a group of servers that have issues, or are overloaded. sms is lost at times. It happens in the worst case.

If you lose a lot of sms (not delivered to you), the only option, is to change phone numbers to a completely different block.

This was explained to me by a Cingular tech friend a couple years ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084