SMS from one shows as from multiple

dan901

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
When I receive an sms from one specific contact (google contact), or start an new sms to this same contact, it immediately changes to be from/to 8 different contacts plus the original.

Example...

I get a msg from Kelly. When I go into the message application (stock or otherwise), it shows from kelly+8 other people in my contact list. The other 8 people are always the same contacts. Same thing if I go into the message application and start a new thread with Kelly.. after I add kelly, it adds these other 8 people. If I send the msg, or reply to the one I recieved, it goes to all 9 people.

I've delete the contact from gmail, cleared out contacts on the phone, cleared all the sms history, cleared all the groups Kelly belongs to, etc.. with no luck. Something somewhere links these 9 people together and I can't figure it out. Also, the same does not apply if I start a message with one of the other 8 people... only Kelly.

This is driving me crazy! Any ideas? :mad:

phone = D.Inc

dan901

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
"Kelly" was in a group. I've since removed all groups she was a part of, deleted contact "Kelly" and added back in. No changes.

Can you specify what you mean when you say clear sms cache so I know I'm on the same page?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
In settings, applications, manage applications, you should be able to select a specific application, and clear any cached memory.

There is also an option to "clear data", but, I've never used it, so I really don't know what will happen. It may dump all your groups and such. But, it may kill your bug finally.

Check this for both SMS and Contacts.

But be advised, I have never hit the "clear Data" button. I suggest you back up your contacts first ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12