help needed with andriod errors

recks64

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
i have a samsung captivate & havent been able to use it for two days ... getting this error; process android.process.acore has stopped along with others. cannot get into my contacts / text messages. i do not use gmail. have done a hard & soft reset. unfortunately i have years of photos & contacts saved on my phone so i am looking for another solution besides the factory reset. someone please help!

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
i have a samsung captivate & havent been able to use it for two days ... getting this error; process android.process.acore has stopped along with others. cannot get into my contacts / text messages. i do not use gmail. have done a hard & soft reset. unfortunately i have years of photos & contacts saved on my phone so i am looking for another solution besides the factory reset. someone please help!
I believe that's your UI crashing. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're using a custom UI like ADW, LPP, etc.. If that's the case, remove your custom UI and try reinstalling it fresh as something is probably corrupted in it.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
no, because even if the custom launcher crashed it could go back to the default launcher, the launcherpro just changes the app drawer and homescreens, the phone is still the default UI, as well as contacts, etc.

so it may be a software bug.

if you are not a root user (because i've had it happen with a few roms, just loaded a nandroid backup and all was well) assuming you aren't, i'd take it into an AT&T retail store and see if they can't help ya, because if you didn't cause this, and you are still on warrenty, they have to honor it by replacing the device, because right now your device is defective.

Last edited:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately i have years of photos & contacts saved on my phone
Your photos should be saved on your SDcard, no need to worry
Your contacts are tied to your Google account.
You should be OK if they need to replace your phone.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Your photos should be saved on your SDcard, no need to worry
Your contacts are tied to your Google account.
You should be OK if they need to replace your phone.

yeah, i was going to say that, but there is users of android phones who don't HAVE google accounts. and the market still works for them...for some odd reason.

however, yeah, when you enter your gmail it automaticly syncs the contacts and account info, including if you tied your google account to youtube (i had to attach mine manually since i signed up a year before google purchased the site)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund