1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which of these 5 AT&T Droids would you suggest?

I am looking at Droids for my in-laws, but they are on AT&T and I am on Verizon so I don't know which one to recommend to them. 4G is not a big factor since they don't have it available where they are and probably won't for a long time. They are both in their late 60s so easy to use is best. I'm leaning toward the HTC Inspire since it seems to be most like my Verizon Incredible 2, but which one would you AT&T users recommend?

HTC Inspire
    Samsung Captivate
    Motorola Atrix
    Motorola Flipside
    LG Phoenix

Thanks for the help!

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

I would suggest the inspire, just because i'm a fan of htc. The only downside for me is how big the phone is but that's just me.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Which of these 5 AT&T Droids would you suggest?

Atrix or Inspire

If you walk in to the ATT store, and ask for a Droid, you may not get one. That is a copyrighted brand name for Android phones with Verizon. Now, if you ask ATT for an Android phone....

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

HTC Inspire has my vote. It's larger and will have more screen area to work with.

I have found that there is not much difference using one Android phone over another. The difference starts with the overlay such as Sense or Touch Wiz which for some make the phone easier to use. Having a bigger screen is nice and may be easier for the elderly to use but may be more difficult to hold to make phone calls.

If they are not tech savy there is no reason to go for the most advanced phone out there.

At this point in time 4G for AT&T does not exist for cell phones. Even if it did would they really need it as it would drain the battery so fast.

I would think that your in-laws would want a phone that they can talk on more then play games and such. Take a look at sites like Phonescoop to see how people are rating the phones for actual phone calls.

If they are into the Apps make sure that the phone has enough internal memory to hold everything they could want to load on to the phone.

Have them play with your phone and see how it goes as it may give you better insight as to what they need and want.

Good luck.

Doc
    EVO 4G