Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default battery with yellow triangle, no thermomete

When I turned on my LG Thrive this evening, I got a picture of the battery overlain with a yellow triangle. Phone would not boot up. Tried to charge with no results. Took out the battery and replaced it. Now the phone appears to be charging, but the icons for charging will not stay lit. Although it has been on the charger for some time, the phone will not boot up
    Through a google search, I found that many people get the battery with a yellow triangle and a red thermometer. Most think that temperature is the problem, but no one has conclusively identified the problem. I do not get the thermometer, so my problem is probably different.
    thanks in advance
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: battery with yellow triangle, no thermomete

Are you rooted and custom ROM? Just asking.

Is the phone getting extremely hot? More than usual? It could possibly be a bad charger. It's not unheard of.

Considering you're getting some type of display, I would suggest booting into Recovery (with phone off, hold vol+ and press the power button (some phones are different, but you can check the thrive forum to be sure. Release after a couple of seconds). You should be into the recovery menu.

From here, you can do a factory reset/restore. Note that you will lose all contacts and sms, and it will place the ph in an as new condition. SD card contents are safe.

If it's not the battery (as you've changed), and it,s not the charger unit, and a factory reset doesn't work, then I suspect a bad phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I left the phone on the charger all night, and it is now working perfectly. Perhaps the yellow triangle is a warning built into Android OS for a seriously low battery. Perhaps it is something more serious.

Is there a list of what these different warnings in the OS mean?

While working on the phonein the past, I have had a text warning that the battery was getting low and it should be charged. Then I believe that it shut down the phone without any yellow triangle type warning.

I have about a week to return the phone. Any suggestions?
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Quote Originally Posted by jackk View Post
    I left the phone on the charger all night, and it is now working perfectly. Perhaps the yellow triangle is a warning built into Android OS for a seriously low battery. Perhaps it is something more serious.

Is there a list of what these different warnings in the OS mean?

While working on the phonein the past, I have had a text warning that the battery was getting low and it should be charged. Then I believe that it shut down the phone without any yellow triangle type warning.

I have about a week to return the phone. Any suggestions?
    I would run it down all the way again, and pay attention if it gives you a warning. Typically they do.

But a phone that takes all night to charge? Just run it down again, and see how long it takes to charge. Look for anything odd.

Mine just turned off on me. Tried putting it on a charger and it had the battery with yellow triangle for about 5 seconds n now nothing. Wont power on or anything.