Beep Sound in Silent Mode

Mihir

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I am using Dell XCD 35 which is having android 2.2

When my phone is in silent mode it only vibrates.
As previously in my nokia phone i was having profile setting through which i can define
in silent mode my incoming calls will have beep sound or can set volume of any ringtone.

i search in my android but can't find anything useful.:'(

Anyone help me to solve my problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings/Profiles. Here you can modify what call settings you wish to use (ringtone, vibrate)

As far as a "beep" tone, I think you will have to create your own "beep" audio file, as usually the stock ringtones are rather long, but you'll have to look at whats included on your phone, as all phones differ when it comes to included audio files.

Hope this helps!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
But how can i set any ringtone in silent mode??

can you suggest me steps??

Ok, remember, your phone settings may be different than other model phones, but they should be similar.

Go to Settings, then Profiles.

Here you should have 4 or 5 different profile choices (work, home, silent, and so on)

Select Silent for example.

Now you should get a list of options such as Gmail, phone, Email, and so on.

Select Phone

Now you will see options sucah as Notification Mode, Notification Tone, Ring Mode, Rintone, and so on

Usually these are set to OFF. (if you want to use one, you will need to set it to ON)

I think you can play with these now, until you find the one that you like.

Good Luck!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are apps on the Market that will allow you to set profiles if you don't have the option to do so in the Menu > Settings.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not used any of these apps so can't help you with a suggestion. Search "ringtone profiles" on the market and see what comes up. When I did a search earlier a few apps came up and had decent reviews.