Droid Incredible reset itself.

lekriket

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
My Droid Incredible reset itself today. It wiped out my contacst and uninstalled my app updates. Thank God I backed the stupid thing up! Has anyone else had this happen to them or have any idea of why this happened?
Shelby

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
When you say "reset", I assume you mean the phone reset to factory defaults?

Or do you mean "reboot"?

Are you running a custom Rom? Or stock froyo/GB?

Random reboots are somewhat normal. I get them maybe once every 2 months. But an uncommanded factory rest? Never heard of it on a stock android phone. Only with custom Roms.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The Droid's getting up there in android years, so if this is the first time it's done it, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would say it's time to reset it back to factory and get a fresh start, but it seems to have done that itself ;)

Could have been some corrupt apps or a corrupt OS, maybe even a rogue app. Who knows, but obviously it's software related.

Well, I'm glad "somebody" besides me backs up their contacts occassionally ;)

But if it continues to do this abnormal behaviour, time for an upgrade.

Reactions: lekriket

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
This sort of happened to me a couple times on my DInc but each time it happened was after my battery went totally dead, plugged it in with a generic charger, and trying to turn it on before the charge light was solid orange. Lost all contacts and all apps were erased both on phone memory and SD card. The funny thing was that all my text and email messages were intact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2