lock screen light delay

InfuseSteps

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
hi all,

i know this probably is a dumb question so please excuse me.

I dont know about you guys but i have noticed that when i push the unlock button on the right side which brings up the lock screen. There seems to be a delay in the back light from when i push the button. it basically goes like this: push button - backlight is dim - then backlight turns on fully. and other times i push it and it goes straight to fully on no dim.

any ideas?

Thanks all

Samsung Infuse 4g

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Too many apps running in the background maybe? I woud guess that something is probably synching or checking notifications at the same time as you unlock your screen. Processor is just a little busy at that exact moment.

To test the theory, turn off all your notifications. Auto-updates on apps, synchs, then play with the phone for a few hours and see if it responds normally.

On mine for example, it's pretty usual when I unlock the screen, for it to freeze for a second before the lock goes away. Sometime it does, sometimes it's smooth. So I suspect it's pretty normal.

InfuseSteps

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
My phone is stock not rooted.
I turned off all my active programs and there is sill a delay with the backlight fully tuning on. Its wierd the backround light turns on dim then turns to my lighting britness setting after pushing the unlock button on the side.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone is stock not rooted.
I turned off all my active programs and there is sill a delay with the backlight fully tuning on. Its wierd the backround light turns on dim then turns to my lighting britness setting after pushing the unlock button on the side.
Well, personally, I wouldn't worry much about it. My brightness settings rarely work like they're supposed to :)

But, if this is something that just recently happened, and didn't happen when you forst got your phone, you could always back up your contacts and such, and do a factory reset. You'll still be able to redownload paid market apps after the reset.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It may be a bug in the auto brightness settings I would check int the Samsung Infuse forums where there are more people with hands on with this exact device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835