Apple Lossless and Android

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Android will probably never support ALAC, but FLAC support has been built and works really well. Give it a couple weeks, I'm sure someone will devise a way to hack it in.

jamesy

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses guys! Just to clarify android is ready to go regarding FLAC or you need an app for that as well? Checking out andless RIGHT NOW THANX!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses guys! Just to clarify android is ready to go regarding FLAC or you need an app for that as well? Checking out andless RIGHT NOW THANX!

FLAC was built into Android natively by Cyanogen from the 2.1r2 codebase. It's one of those goodies that will show up in future updates from Google. With the Incredible being as popular as it is, I would imagine someone will figure out a way to drop it in without rooting/voiding warranty if at all possible

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I just installed Andless and I'm digging it! FLAC and Apple Lossless Support without rooting! Now all I need is a cheap 32GB microSD card. Wait - does the Droid support those yet?

Anyway, Andless seems like a very nice simple interface with easy navigation. Perhaps someone here can explain why it would be better to have built-in FLAC support in the OS?

Dean Valentine

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Install AndLess to play my collection of Apple Lossless music on my Samsung SIII. When I play and Apple Lossless m4a file, my Samsung hums and vibrates. I thought something had gone wrong with my Haptic feedback mechanism. Haven't used it enough to see if this affects the battery usage but was wondering if anyone else has noticed a humming, vibrating when playing m4a files through AndLess?

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith