Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Exchange Server when Offline

I am thinking about switching from Blackberry to Android but have one fear to overcome. I was once using an iPad on a plane (in airplane mode, obviously) and spent a few hours sending emails, deleting emails, moving to folders, etc. However, when I landed and tried to sync (MS Exchange Server) everything crashed. Apparently, it could not handle moving or deleting emails while not connected to the server. Comparing this to the bberry, everything just works on the phone and then when I reconnect on landing, everything syncs up perfectly.

So my question is, was my iPad experience due to Apple or is that the way ActiveSync works and I will have the same problem with Android? Not being able to move/delete emails while off line would definitely be a deal breaker and I'll just have to move on the the new bberry bold.

Thanks.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: Exchange Server when Offline

Haven't heard anything like that happening in the forums concerning exchange.

But if you're gonna get a BB, better snap it up before they go the way of Dell and HP.

ROM
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

The IPhone and IPad work differently with Activesync than any other device. When they lose connection to the server they can become inoperable and can even remove the information from the device until it recoonects. I have had no isues like you describe with my Android phone. I have been disconnected and moved e-mails and sent e-mails. Now remembe that they will not actually move or send till you actually connect but they will when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ksband View Post
    So my question is, was my iPad experience due to Apple or is that the way ActiveSync works and I will have the same problem with Android? Not being able to move/delete emails while off line would definitely be a deal breaker and I'll just have to move on the the new bberry bold.
    Certainly not an issue with Touchdown, the Exchange client that I use. I'm disconnected all the time (no coverage in elevator, etc etc) and have no sync issues with ActiveSync.