1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Message Freezeup

Activity Text Messaging (in application Text Messaging) is not responding. I then get the option to force close or wait. I get this, which freezes my text messaging, every time I turn off my screen and then turn it back on to go to send a text. It's rather annoying, as it happens many times. I've read many other people having this problem, but their issue related to high volumes of stored texts. I deleted all mine, and the problem still persists. I turned off the phone and turned it back on, cleared the cache, and checked the task manager. I can't seem to find the issue. I have a Droid Pro running GB, and it happened just the other day. I only downloaded the Amazon Market App in the last few days, so I doubt that's the problem... Any advice? I don't really want to download a free text app because I, personally, love the stock texting app.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: Text Message Freezeup

Could be a number of things, but seems you covered the basics. Cache, deleting too many texts, reboot.

As with downloading a different text app, keep in mind, most of them are connected to the System sms app, so chances are you would have the same issues.

What type device do you have?

In the worst case, you could back up your info, and do a reset to factory specs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post
    Could be a number of things, but seems you covered the basics. Cache, deleting too many texts, reboot.

As with downloading a different text app, keep in mind, most of them are connected to the System sms app, so chances are you would have the same issues.

What type device do you have?

In the worst case, you could back up your info, and do a reset to factory specs.
    I have the Droid Pro. It's been great except for this one bug that just popped up. Hopefully it just resolves itself in some time.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

I did a little searching, and it seems the force close issue on the Moto Droids are an ongoing affair.

And, as I suspected, installing a third party app still causes the same issue in most cases (as they work with each other).

Still, if nobody else speaks up with a definitive solution, I would suggest backing up your contacts, and resetting the phone to original specs. It's a shame, but it happens.

As an alternative, you could look for a "root" solution, and install a custom Rom if available. But if you're not a techie, it would be a "learning" experience.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I don't think I can root the phone on GB, and I don't really feel comfortable doing so even though I'm pretty techie. I'll give it some time, and if it doesn't fix itself, I'll factory reset. I have a few questions though. Will a factory reset bring the OS back to Froyo? The GB update isn't OTA yet and I downloaded it via a zip file on this forum and installed it. Not that big a deal though. Also, what do I do about my SD card stuff? I installed a lot of apps on my SD card. When I reset my phone and download the apps from the App Store will it make a duplicate copy on my SD card? I don't have that much space to waste on it...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just for the record:
    I did a factory reset on my phone and it seems to be working like new (as it should). It took a while to get all the apps back, but it was worth it. I had a problem obtaining 3G at first, but I called Verizon up and they fixed that problem immediately. Hopefully it stays like this.

@ clarinethero214:
    Did you also restore the SMSes?
    I did a factory reset and restored all 4000+ SMSes and I still get this.
    Actually, before the reset, I didn't get the message, but the keyboard would just stop typing (I pressed buttons, but nothing happened).