HELP Missing Mic button on keyboard

Prideless

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got an LG Optimus T LG509. I rooted my phone with z4root. However I didnt do anything else flash stock roms etc.

I am unaware if I had the mic button or not to begin with I just saw a demo tutorial on my phone and it showed the mic button on the keyboard which I dont have.

The phone is running Froyo 2.2

I have Swype which I dont like.

I checked around the net for solutions tried them none of them worked.

What I tried so far.

Updating/Reinstalling Google Voice Search
Tried Gingerbread Keyboard (Exported from GB to work in Froyo, also missing mic button for me)

I installed the Voice Data thing.(Under Text to Speech)
and I tried both Android and Gingerbread Keyboard under voice input I select "Voice Input" On main Keyboard is selected.

People say I can hold the search button to allow me to pick from different keyboard but for me it just brings up google voice to talk into and it always goes to the web no matter what app I hold the button down for.

Hope someone can help thanks.

EDIT1
I dont know if this helps figure out my problem.

Under Language & Keyboard settings it lists

Android Keyboard
(subtitle under it) Android keyboard settings

Gingerbread Keyboard (Check box to the side green or not green)
(no subtitle)

Gingerbread Keyboard
(subtitle under it) Gingerbread keyboard settings

Now apparently I am missing the option to turn ON the android keyboard.

Now how in the world do I turn it on. Gingerbread is unchecked? How can I check Android?

EDIT2

I have a feeling the keyboard never SWITCHED to the Gingerbread Keyboard looks exactly the SAME to me? is it supposed to look different?

EDIT3

OKAY!!! So I found out I just didnt know how to swap between keyboards. Didnt know your supposed to hold down on the text screen to switch between keyboards.

So both Androird and Gingerbread keyboards dont work. I have tried Smart Keyboard PRO and when I hit the mic button is THERE! When I hit it though it says AUDIO PROBLEM?

Now I know the mic works I used it to seach google with it by holding down the search button?

Is there some configuration issue?

Last edited:

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got an LG Optimus T LG509. I rooted my phone with z4root. However I didnt do anything else flash stock roms etc.

I am unaware if I had the mic button or not to begin with I just saw a demo tutorial on my phone and it showed the mic button on the keyboard which I dont have.

The phone is running Froyo 2.2

I have Swype which I dont like.

I checked around the net for solutions tried them none of them worked.

What I tried so far.

Updating/Reinstalling Google Voice Search
Tried Gingerbread Keyboard (Exported from GB to work in Froyo, also missing mic button for me)

I installed the Voice Data thing.(Under Text to Speech)
and I tried both Android and Gingerbread Keyboard under voice input I select "Voice Input" On main Keyboard is selected.

People say I can hold the search button to allow me to pick from different keyboard but for me it just brings up google voice to talk into and it always goes to the web no matter what app I hold the button down for.

Hope someone can help thanks.
menu/settings/language and keyboard/android keyboard/voice innput/check "on main keyboard"

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok...
first, the green check mark must be checked in order to be able to select an alternative keyboard, it does not mean that the keyboard is currently set a the default, it just means that it is enabled. You do not need to check the default keyboard; that is always enabled. second, the froyo and gingerbread keyboards do look different. Android Gingerbread 2.3 Vs Froyo 2.2 | BizzNtech (GB on the left).

The easiest way to switch back and forth between keyboards is to long press in a field where you enter text, like a text messaging app for example, and then check the keyboard you want. Try it. let me know.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
EDIT3

OKAY!!! So I found out I just didnt know how to swap between keyboards. Didnt know your supposed to hold down on the text screen to switch between keyboards.

So both Androird and Gingerbread keyboards dont work. I have tried Smart Keyboard PRO and when I hit the mic button is THERE! When I hit it though it says AUDIO PROBLEM?

Now I know the mic works I used it to seach google with it by holding down the search button?

Is there some configuration issue?

If you have the box checked to show on main keyboard in the settings the mic should be there just left of the spacebar. If its not working you can try re-installing the apk.

LectroMan

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I found that pressing the "settings" key and holding that down for 2 to 3 seconds got me a choice of 3 buttons for that location. One of those was the Mic. button. I selected that, problem solved. That button is located just to the left of the spacebar on my LG E-980 Optimis Pro. So it's hold the button, not the text box. I hope this helps. Merry Christmas.

igep

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all so much!! Holding down the settings button for a long time popped up 3 buttons--one of which was the mic!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781