Can't adjust ringer/system volume easily.

B_Rich

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I really hate that my first post here is one asking for help, but I do appreciate any and all help anyone has to give.

I have an HTC Merge on US Cellular, running Android 2.2 I believe. I use the app "Widgetsoid" to control my sound profiles (ring+vib, vib, silent) as a 1x1 switcher on my desktop. I then have a 1x4 widget on my #5 screen that has wifi toggle, gps toggle, volume controls, brightness, and airplane mode. Just this morning, I went to randomly check to change my ringer volume (or something, I forget exactly) and my ringer volume now doesn't change with the sound profile 1x1 switcher that is on my home screen.

What I've tried:

I think to myself "Ok, so widgetsoid is having a bit of a problem?" So I uninstall widgetsoid and use the stock profile switcher widget, but I get the same problem, the ringer volume won't change with the profile. If I manually set the ringer volume to 5, then turn the phone onto silent, the ringer volume will still be at 5. This goes for the exact opposite as well, where if it's left at 0, and I change it to "Loud" or whatever, the phone will remain silent.

I have removed the SD card and tried it without the SD card even in it, and it has the same issue.

Even if I go into the Settings > Sound and change the profile that way, the Ringer Volume still won't change with the appropriate profile. This really baffles me.

I have uninstalled some recent apps and restarted my phone thinking that that was the problem, but no luck. :(

I am very computer literate and feel that I should be able to fix this problem on my own, but I'm now reaching out for help to see what others have to say.

Thanks again!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems like you covered all the bases. I would suspect maybe something got corrupted when using those profile widgets, but I don't hear a lot of bad things about them.

Probably what I would do at this point, is back up all your contacts and such, you can do this though a google synch, or export them to your SD card.

If you run a third party app, like I do, then you can back up sms and calendar events also.

I read recently where you can synch your apps to google also, but never used this method. Normally, the Market only keeps track of your paid apps, and not the free ones.

Then, if you're running a "stock" phone, do a factory reset. This will put it in factory condition (which is why I told you to back up as much as possible)

If you're rooted and running a custom Rom, then reflash the Rom.

Should fix your issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie