Need help dinc2. Factory reset Problems!

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I deleted my contacts to start fresh with a factory reset but now I'm having trouble with that. From SD and storage I selected factory reset like I have before but it freezes 5 seconds in and force stops. Then my signal is 0 and power button says its in airplane mode. Had to battery pull.

Also in lock mode my wallpaper is black. After battery pull its always black. If I select a wp from HTC it says phone memory full. Buy as far as I can tell its not full. If I select a wp from gallery.. gallery force stops.

Also, on Friday the dialer stopped working. the dialer won't load from homescreen Phone button.
Solution was downloading onedialer from market. But I'd still like to fix it correctly.

These issues may or may not be related but something is definitely screwed up.

It appears that software update is screwed up too. Click it and I get force close.

Just about everything is saying force close now.

Dinc2 nonrooted with gb.

Help.

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
How many apps you running from the phones memory? Not that it matters if your memory is full, as at this point, a factory wipe is in order.

Boot to recovery. Either do your reset from there (if possible), or Restore your previous backup. (I assume you made a backup sometime in the past)

Sometimes, in the Recovery menu, you can wipe your system cache and restart the phone. Might help to try that before the reset, or recovery to your previously made backup.

If not, you will probably need to run an RUU, or flash a Factory Rom.

Shipped ROMs

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think im just gonna go to VZW and play dumb, get a warranty replacement. something is screwed up. it all started when the dialer disappeared. I have to go in anyway to get my contacts off my old phone since, I didnt know you couldn't just pull contacts from BackupAssistant at any time from the app. So, it backed up my 0 contacts.

Can anyone suggest a way to store and back up contacts that doesnt involve backup assistant?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You can backup to Google. Gmail I believe will sync your contacts and calander events.

Never used it myself, but it's native with Android.

Personally, I use a third party app to sync my contacts, calendar, and sms and such to my local PC.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got gmail and Google installed and they sync but I'm bot sure if backing up anything. In gmail I still have the 5 contacts I've always had. Everything seems so convoluted. Which is why I wanted to delete my contacts and start over in the first place.

I love this phone but im still in that 'angry and confused' phase.

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12