2nd factory reset in 2days

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it might have something to do with launcher apps and power setting widgets. Or not. Could it be caused by having multiple widgets of the same type installed?

Last Friday I lost my phone app. And a series of force closing of settings app. Finally had to take it to vz to get it factory reset.

Today after finally getting my stuff set up the way I like I started uninstalling apps and widgets I didn't like... And I got a repeating phone app force close message. I was able to pull battery and start in bootloader mode to reset it. Now I'm back to square one again.

Is there a list of types of apps or widgets to stay away from so this doesn't happen again?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you using 3rd party launcher/Power setting widgets? If so, Don't load them right away. Load your apps back slowly (Obviously load the most important first... Angry Birds can wait ;) ) when it starts to freak out, uninstall the last few apps and try one at a time.

Give the phone time to settle in with the app - set up the widgets for the apps the way you like as you go. When you hit the problem child you will know.

Hope this helps.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
When you hit the problem child you will know.

Absolutely. Well said.

Some apps, just don't play well together, especially when you run multiple apps of the same type.

Task managers/killers, battery monitors, and other utility type apps, should best be left out of the equation. It's better to learn how to manage your phone, than rely on multiple apps to do it.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
im thinking it might have been the GoLauncher EX task manager widget.. I loaded it cuz they put it on your screen when you install GoLauncher with a DOWNLOAD ME NOW banner across it. Its all those things you said "Task managers/killers, battery monitors, and other utility type apps..." all in one dangerous widget. I was uninstalling that too in my whirlwind of uninstalls. this time, none of that noise.

thanks guys. ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund