multiple contacts with same work number

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I have multiple contacts that all work at the same company. It has a single incoming/outgoing phone number. I also have a separate contact for the company as well. So for each of them I've entered that number as their work number. Whenever one of them calls me my Droid displays one of the individual contact's name, not the comany name even though it's first alphabetically. How can I force the phone to always display the company name for incoming calls?

It's always a bit disconcerting when my phone tells my Bonnie is calling but Joe says hello. :(

:rolleyes:
Actually I have/had a somewhat reverse problem as well. I had set up a .ICE contact with each of my kid's phone numbers in the order I wanted them called. For some reason whenever daughter 2 called my Droid was always identifying her as .ICE and not by her name. I eventually moved the .ICE phone numbers into the notes field which solved that problem. Of course that makes it harder for whoever might be calling an ICE number on my behalf. ;)

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually I have/had a somewhat reverse problem as well. I had set up a .ICE contact with each of my kid's phone numbers in the order I wanted them called. For some reason whenever daughter 2 called my Droid was always identifying her as .ICE and not by her name. I eventually moved the .ICE phone numbers into the notes field which solved that problem. Of course that makes it harder for whoever might be calling an ICE number on my behalf. ;)
Try an ICE app or one of those apps that allows you to place such info on the lock screen.