Moving from WebOS to Android... help needed

tommygun

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new here! I've benne a palm Pre user for months (I still own it) but the experience was not painless, mainly due to the fact that the product is not supported in my country (Italy) and thus I have non access to paid Apps...

But then, my wife gave me a really nice gift: a brand new HTC Desire!

I've used it for a week now, and I'm totally sold to it. :)

Now, the problem is: I'd like to migrate all my personal data from my Pre to the Desire.

I had no problem with contacts and calendar (thanks, Google!) but I have no clue on how to transfer the rest of my stuff, and if it's possible or not.

I'm referring to:

* old SMS
* Memos
* Tasks

Does anyone know of a procedure, an App or something that may do the trick?

Thanks a lot!

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Kind of awkward, since you need to do it one at a time, but the WebOS memos app allows you to email a memo. Open the memo and choose "Email Memo..." from the menu.

Don't have any suggestions for old SMS or tasks.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how to get the SMS to gmail, but there is an awesome app for Android called "SMS Backup" which syncs your SMS with gmail into a folder called SMS.

Maybe you can find a way to get the SMS to gmail from your Pre?

Of course, I am not sure it goes from gmail to android . . .

I hope this helps.

aviduser

tommygun

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot.

I've e-mailed to myself all my relevant memo (but now... where's the memo app in Android?!?) and I'm downloading "SMS Backup" right know.

I fear I won't be able to save my "Pre" SMSs, but at least I hope it won't happen again in the future.

craig-tx

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just want my Angry Birds data. lol

I GOT my data!! I too moved from a pre to android. Galaxy Nexus!!
Anyway, on the pre, if you have installed any homebrew, there is an app in preware called saverestore. It will backup, among other things, your angry birds levels. (I will say at this point, that if you haven't installed any homebrew (or didn't know about homebrew), this just got a whole lot more difficult. - I won't go into describing how to install homebrew apps. But really if you lived with a pre without homebrew, you missed so much, and you probably didn't keep it long enough to get very far in angrybirds anyway.)

Ok, back to what I was saying.

On your android device, Get "Angry Birds Backup 2 SD" from the market. It's free and supports all three angry birds games. Complete at least one level on each game as described above.
Run Angry Birds Backup 2 SD and save the state.

Back in the pre's saverestore data, find the zip file for com.rovio.angrybirds.zip.
Extract the two files (highscores.lua and settings.lua)
Rename them to match the AngryBirds Backup 2 SD convention: com.rovio.angrybirds_highscores.lua, com.rovio.angrybirds_settings.lua.
Replace the android backup with the backup from the pre.

Using AngryBirds Backup 2 SD, restore the backups.

You're done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood