Is my phone bricked?

cyberg

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I have no idea what is going on with my phone since I never had anything like this have happened to my phone, maybe someone here more experienced can tell me what is happening to my phone. After my battery ran out completely I plugged my wall charger like I usually do but as soon as I plugged the charger my phone rebooted to a grainy colorful white screen and it wont go pass that.

Again, It go pass the LG logo than it go into a colorful grainy blank white screen and that same white screen just keep turning off and on until I unplug the charger from the phone. As soon as I plug the charger back to the phone it does the same thing over and over.

I can't even charge the battery enough to try to boot into recovery mode but even if I can charge the battery I am not even sure if it will let me reboot into recovery mode.

A little background on my phone.. I been running rooted, cyanogenmod 7.1, on a T-Mobile optimus-T.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not bricked. Should never let the batt run dead when running a custom rom. half the time, this will happen.

Boot to CW recovery, and reflash your rom. Make sure you wipe data cach and advanced/wipe delvik.

Hope your contacts are backed up somewhere.

You will lose your contacts and apps, (some apps) but sd contents are safe.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You should never, EVER, let the battery drain completely... you will damage these batteries.

Agree with the above post... boot up into hBoot (hold down the Volume Down button, then hold and press down the Power button), select Recovery and reflash the ROM... or reload a backup.

cyberg

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys.. My phone is not bricked which is a relief. I thought it was bricked so I was going to try to unbrick the phone but as soon as I plugged the usb cable to my phone and to my pc it went straight to recovery mode, then from there I just reset back to factory mode and now is working great again.

I was scared there for a minute. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995