What happened to all my apps? ("My/Downloaded Apps" w/new phone)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got a replacement phone...
If I go to the Market then choose My Apps, I only see 4 of about 20 apps I had downloaded - about half of which were not free.
How do I get the list back? I though maybe Google checkout was keeping track, but I guess there's not android activity there.
I already tried deleting the Market cache, uninstalling the Market software Update, etc.
If the apps never show up again, how do I avoid re-paying for the applications?

thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: What happened to all my apps? ("My/Downloaded Apps" w/new pho

Did you log into the device with the same email you had on the previous device? Google checkout will keep a lists of purchases, including apps, that you may reference. Also, log into market.android.com and look at your download history. You should also see the apps downloaded, free and paid, and push them back to the device from the computer.

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Yes, same account.
Google checkout has no apps listed at all under the correct account - just a recent non-android software purchase, but it has the same (subset) list if I choose my other Google account, which I never used for the phone - and market.android.com has the same list of apps as the phone does -- it covers the correct timeframe (the last 14 months) but only about one of over four apps I downloaded is lists. So the market account is somehow linked to other account but google checkout isn't.

One thing that may be a wrench in the works is that I have Google Apps Premier, so my Google address is my own domain name - I know things were screwy for a while as Google was sorting all that out - when they still allowed multilple simultanious logins from other accounts.

I wrote the list down on paper, but doesn't help if I have to pay again.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I agree that it doesn't make sense to pay for Apps that were already purchased. Get in contact with Google and see if they can help.

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

> Get in contact with Google and see if they can help
Do you have some sort of magic artifact that gets you in touch with Google? :)

The other apps are listed on the other account (I remember that Google checkout didn't work w/premier accouts for a while, so the must have linked to my other account) - I wonder if there's a way to merge them?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I don't think that there is a way to merge on your own.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

> Get in contact with Google and see if they can help
Do you have some sort of magic artifact that gets you in touch with Google? :)

I have a magic artifact. I googled "android market contact" and found it. :p

Contacting Support - Android Market Help

Also, in the past, I had an issue with Market and they were EXTREMELY helpful and quickly resolved my issue.