Fastest 3G speeds

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
2562 down, 1.3 up - Acer Iconia A501
2302 down, 1.4 up - HTC Desire

But really, this test is bogus as I doubt they are real scores. If you goto the app settings, and turn the animations to performance, you get considerably higher marks. What effect should the app animations have on DL and UL speeds????

Reminds me of the Quadrant app, and how easy it is to manipulate the outcome.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
2562 down, 1.3 up - Acer Iconia A501
2302 down, 1.4 up - HTC Desire

But really, this test is bogus as I doubt they are real scores. If you goto the app settings, and turn the animations to performance, you get considerably higher marks. What effect should the app animations have on DL and UL speeds????

Reminds me of the Quadrant app, and how easy it is to manipulate the outcome.

I did not find this to be the case. I ran it eight times and my results were all over the place. Sometimes higher when the slider was on the performance side, sometimes not. My results did vary a lot though.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I tweaked some settings in my rom also just for ****s and giggles, various results, but mostly higher.

Too flaky to be a real test. But interesting to know....

Uninstalled app. Curious factor satisfied. ;)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how 3G works, but, I know with certain broad band connections you share pipelines with other people. You aren't always going to get a consistent speed. If you are sharing a pipeline with X amount of other people and they are all downloading, streaming media, playing online games your internet connection is probably going to be slower than if the X people were only checking their email. I would assume it's similar for data on phones, but, I really don't know. If it were the case though, that would account for the variations in speeds. Different people taxing the network more and less at different times, even if it's within a couple of minutes. Who knows though.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I mean, the only use I could see for it was if you were consistently having web pages load slowly, using it to run tests simultaneously with a friend on the same network to compare numbers. At least in that case you could rule out that it's not the network and that your phone is the issue. Other than that, I don't see any use for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech