Non-sense Flip clock

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
When you say "flip", are you talking about a "retro" clock? Similar to clocks in the late 70's where the numbers would flip when changing? If so, I've seen several retro clocks in the market. Not sure if they have weather or not.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked into Beautiful Widget's??? It's not free, but I really like it when I use LauncherPro... besides I can get all kinds of sizes... I prefer the Beautiful Small Home Weather on my home screen.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, here's something to try.

Download the zip rom from say, shipped roms.com (an HTC sense rom). Seeings you already know it came from HTC, you should already know what model it came from. Unzip onto your PC. Remove the clock apk widget, Then copy it to your device and try to install it.

Note that if it was an apk specifically designed for HTC sense, and you try to run it on a non-sense Rom, it may not work.

At the least, it won't install, or cause a Force Close. At the worse, it will blow up your device...and maybe part of your hand. HTC likes to protect it's proprietary software you know...

In this case, I would definitely do a recovery backup and contacts and such.

But hey, who knows, it may work.

Rhaen

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets may be your best alternative if you would like a clock/weather/calendar widget that RESEMBLES HTC's Sense Flip Clock with Weather. Beautiful Widgets used to do this (VERY early on) but was sued by HTC for stealing its design and so they aren't allowed to use the flip anymore. I would be surprised if you find a widget that has a flip clock (especially with weather) without having a Sense device.

The suggestion of pulling the apk could be tried but I am pretty sure that a non-Sense phone would not be able to install/open the widget. The only other thing I could think of would be to see if there is a ROM out there that could give your phone Sense, even though it never has had Sense before, but I don't even know if that is an option anywhere.

I use Beautiful Widgets and I think it's awesome. Pretty interface and really customizable. Check it out!

-Rhaen-

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
BW is great. No doubt and no argument.

Poster wants a "flip clock". And the one from HTC.

$50g Rolex. $29 Swiss army. Both say 10:17am..... go figgure.........