Switching from Verizon iPhone

cricket_007

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I recently received an iPhone 4 as a gift and I've been considering switching out for any Android phone. I'm not big into music or games, just Internet and typical phone things (calling, texting, etc.); I primarily like to tweak things, I've jailbroken my iTouch, modded my Wii, triple booted Windows, Linux, and Mac on a PC... I really enjoy seeing what a system is capable of, which is why I'm tempted to jump the Apple bandwagon for Android. I'm also interested in development one day.
Which brings me to my question: is switching from iOS to Android without any knowledge about the Android platform worth it and hat should I expect?

Thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently received an iPhone 4 as a gift and I've been considering switching out for any Android phone. I'm not big into music or games, just Internet and typical phone things (calling, texting, etc.); I primarily like to tweak things, I've jailbroken my iTouch, modded my Wii, triple booted Windows, Linux, and Mac on a PC... I really enjoy seeing what a system is capable of, which is why I'm tempted to jump the Apple bandwagon for Android. I'm also interested in development one day.
Which brings me to my question: is switching from iOS to Android without any knowledge about the Android platform worth it and hat should I expect?

Thanks.

You should expect the ability to do more customizing on your phone. The android platform is easy to learn and there is a ton of help available. Also with Android you get the wide variety of choices when it comes to phone manufacturers, user interfaces, and slightly different form factors. Unlike apple, you aren't pigeonholed into one phone. I'm sure there are others who could weigh in with more info, but that is my take on it, it's all about choice and options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze