Connection with Home Router (SGS2)

Starchest

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I've searched in several sites, thousands have the same problem, no one comes up with a solution.

My SGS2 sees the home router, asks for the password, accepts it, connects and shows a good signal. BUT no web pages load, no Whatsapp messages get through, absolutely no activity even with an awesome signal and shows as connected. It picks up my university WiFi no prob and works great. I already reseted my router, tried without security, with new security (WEP) and everything is a no-go. :'(

Please help!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
In your router admin, you may have to set the port access. Not quite sure about what your admin section looks like.

If you're connected with your device, and logged in, then it's logically in the router setup.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a tenda router, but I feel like a moron. How do I set the port access? :eek:

Well, it's been a long time since I was in "router land", but,

1. Read the instruction manual.;) ..... usually helps.
2. Usually, we connect the router to our pc via a cat 5 cable. You may be able to access it wirelessly if you have a connection, maybe, not sure.
3. You should have a default router address to access the admin page through your browser like //198.255.0.1

That's why you need your instructions.

4. If you get the router login page, you'll typically enter admin and 1234 for the password.
5. What type of internet connection do you have? Cable? DSL? VPN? Usually, if your internet account requires a log in, then your router need to know this.
6. In your admin section, you'll see options for port access, DMZ, etc.

Once inside, you definately need your instructions, but this is the place where you configure things.

That's the limit on my knowledge without having the actual router with me, as their structure are different between brands and models.

Starchest

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got it, I have the admin page and the user and password, is a DSL connection, once I locate the port access option, what should I set it to?

Also, thank you for your dedicated help I really appreciate it.

Starchest

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I don't get it but at least it works now. No browser, no whatsapp. But I opened the Market and I was like "Hey, it works!". I downloaded an app, and it worked. After that, EVERYTHING worked :eek: as if downloading something from the market fixed it. lol.

The browser is painfully slow in that connection though, but oh well.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Strange that it would be slow. Is the internet slow on your computer?

If it were me, I would try and stream a video file from my computer to my phone through the wireless network. If you can successfully do that, I'd say you can rule out your router and the phone being the issue. Probably more likely something with the browser or the modem. If it's the browser maybe try to clear out data, cache etc in Manage Apps. But, this might be a good test to consider running.

Starchest

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
No, the internet on my computer is just fine. I will definitely try that as soon as I discover how :eek: hehe. Thank you very much for your help.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Does your phone have DLNA? You can use that to stream to your phone. I personally use an app called UPnPlay to stream. You need a media player to use it though, it just gives you the connection.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it working. :D Personally, I do not know the brand router you are using. Maybe in the future, you may consider a more mainstream brand like Netgear or Dlink.

Anyhow, it works.:D:D

Also, in you router admin section, if I remember, there are settings for "bandwidth". Might wish to check these. These are settings that allow a certain bandwidth, like example, 56k, 128k, etc.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it working. :D Personally, I do not know the brand router you are using. Maybe in the future, you may consider a more mainstream brand like Netgear or Dlink.

This is probably a good idea. I tend not to mess around with off computer brands. I've been using Linksys routers for as long as I remember and haven't had any problems.

Also, in you router admin section, if I remember, there are settings for "bandwidth". Might wish to check these. These are settings that allow a certain bandwidth, like example, 56k, 128k, etc.

He said his internet was working fine, so, that wouldn't be the issue. It's probably not even with the router. My money is on something in the phone. Something random, like, clearing cache.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz