Transferring Apps.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Transferring apk files from your dinc will probably not work well on your Photon. These may be proprietary apk's. In the least, they will FC. At the worst, they may brick your device.

But if you are so inclined to try and transfer HTC Dinc apps, to a Motorola device, then try this.

Find and download the stock factory rom.zip for the Dinc. Unzip, and extract the specific apk. Copy it to the photon, and install it via some type file manager.

Use a backup app, like backup pro or Titanium backup, to backup the app to SD, insert sd in Photon, and use TU to restore it..

Either way, I think you will probably open the proverbial can full of worms, and fubar your device. The reason you don't see Dinc's proprietary apps on Market, is because they are proprietary.

But hey, the worst you can do, is fubar your device ;) ...... and who knows, it may run just fine..:D:D:D

chaosxwings

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
DINC? Maybe I shoulda read more about terms and stuff. v_v If it matters, the apps I want to transfer originated from the market; they have since been taken down. I don't want the HTC stock apps (like Dice or Coin or what have you.)

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
DINC? Maybe I shoulda read more about terms and stuff. v_v If it matters, the apps I want to transfer originated from the market; they have since been taken down. I don't want the HTC stock apps (like Dice or Coin or what have you.)

Oh, crappola,,,,,

market apps sometimes dissappear. Usually because, they are incompatibe with the current versions.

Or beacuse they don' t wish to pay for uploading to the market.

You can still try the extraction method..

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You can use "Astro" to backup apps on your phone. It saves them to a folder on your SD card ("backups"), you can then transfer the apk's to your other device via the SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power