Google Docs...Phone to Cloud?

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, instead of using the USB cable to sync docs between my phone and PC, I downloaded the Google Docs app and also installed Cloud Sync for MS Office. The MS Office plug-in seems to work excellently...whenever I save a document in an MS Office app, it automatically saves it to the Google Docs cloud. On the phone seems to be a different story.
If I select a document in Google Docs app, it opens it as a read only. If I select "Open With" it opens with Quickoffice. Great. I can then edit the file. However, when I am done editing, how do I get it back to the Google Docs cloud? The only choices I have in Quickoffice is "Save" or "Save As"...neither of which is the cloud. I can save it locally on the SD card, but then there is no way to get it back up to the cloud.
Am I missing something? How do I get files edited on the phone back to the Google Doc cloud? There's got to be something easier than the USB cable.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Thats weird, did you default documents to open with quick office? I use google docs all the time and its really good.i literally can see the docs updating on the pc as I edit in the phone...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
QuickOffice is registered as the default app to open with, which is not associated with GoogleDocs. Should be opened with GoggleDocs. That's why it didn't synch.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Thats weird, did you default documents to open with quick office? I use google docs all the time and its really good.i literally can see the docs updating on the pc as I edit in the phone...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

No, I had to choose that. opening with Google Docs seemed to be read-only. Only way to edit was to open with Quickoffice. It's Word and Excel MS Office documents after all. How do you edit in the phone?

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
QuickOffice is registered as the default app to open with, which is not associated with GoogleDocs. Should be opened with GoggleDocs. That's why it didn't synch.

These are MS Office Word and Excel files. When I opened using Google Docs it was read only...would not edit. To edit I had to open in Quickoffice. Still stumped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1