1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tablets - opinions for best for an everyday user.

with christmas right around the corner im looking to get a tablet for someone. I'm considerably tech savy, but havent researched much of the tablets other than what i see reviewed here on AC. i want to reach out to the community and get your opinion of which tablet would be a good value for an everyday user. functionality includes, but not limited to; email, facebook, web browsing, photos, video, wifi.. basic stuff..

thanks in advance
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: Tablets - opinions for best for an everyday user.

Acer Iconia A501. Has full size USB and internal 3g. 1gtz Tegra dual core.
    To save a few bucks, a A500 is the same without 3g.

If you get one prior to the HC 3.2 update, it's 1st grader simple to root and customize. Ok, maybe 2nd grader...

I absolutely love mine, and wouldnt trade it for 6 ipads, 4 transformers, and 5Galaxy tabs

EDIT: maybe for 6 Galaxy Tabs
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

cool, thanks!

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and its great. The thing you need to ask yourself is what size tablet the person you are getting one for will enjoy. With that said, you can get a tablet ranging in sizes. Personally, I use mine while lounging around the house and want the larger 10-inch screen for viewing pictures and videos.

Good luck on your hunt...prices are bound to be good near the holidays as far as tablets are concerned
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

SRK has a point, if it's for a girl, she might not appreciate a full size tab, especially if being used as a book reader for example. It could get a little heavy in one hand.

But if it's for a tech savy girl, accept no substitute. Full size, Full ports

Another aspect: what will it be used for? Data/text entry? little or more than a little? consider adding a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The screen is not the best way to enter a lot of data or do a lot of writing.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g