where can i get factory rom for optimus one p504?

macishayne

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My optimus one is stuck on emergency mode after failed software updat. It failed, haz i found out, because the updated firmware was for the optimus one p500 and not the p504. Ive been able to find the p500 and the p509 firmware but no luck with the 504. Does anyone know where i can find factory rom for it? Or a custom rom for it even? As long as it works again, i dont care what version or type of rom is on it.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is a Wal Mart phone?

Don't worry, will find one..... looking now. But, some of us here are in different time zones, so we may dissappear for the evening ;)

But to the rest of you AC readers, the challenge is on. Find this person a ROM (custom or stock) for his Optimus 1 p504.

Vodka is on me when you come to Moscow.:D

Edit: I forgot to ask, I assume your device is rooted, and custom recovery?

Last edited:

macishayne

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! :) Buuut, It's a .dz file so I can't flash it with KDZ, and the other program that I have that flashes with .dz files requires the .dll file for my phone. :/
Oh, and yes, It's rooted. I rooted it with z4root a day or two before I accidentally bricked it. :/

olis_tx

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
My optimus one is stuck on emergency mode after failed software updat. It failed, haz i found out, because the updated firmware was for the optimus one p500 and not the p504. Ive been able to find the p500 and the p509 firmware but no luck with the 504. Does anyone know where i can find factory rom for it? Or a custom rom for it even? As long as it works again, i dont care what version or type of rom is on it.

Did you ever recover your phone? I had the exact same problem with a P509 which is the exact phone with a different ROM (they share the same FCC ID). My phone is permanently stuck in emergency mode and none of the recovery methods on the internet work. I have spent most of a day trying to recover and I am ready to give up. In my case, it bricked because the kdz updater threw an exception mid-update and crashed hard. I would not recommend anyone update with the buggy kdz updater unless they are prepared for a bricked phone. I'm guessing it works fine most of the time but you just never know when it will crash at the worst possible time.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering also. I suppose yes. Or the user sent it to the service repair center.

Sorry to hear you too have problems with your optimus. Wish I had more experience with it.

macishayne

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a plan with Walmart Family Mobile though. I bought the phone and never activated it with them. It's a sim card phone, So I used it with At&t.

t499user

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat, I need the KDZ file for the LGP-504 as the KDZ updater seems to be the only software that is recognizing the phone. Anyone have a link, or is it possible to convert a .dz to .KDZ?

I have tried with the P-500 firmware but it gives me an error code.18:27:37 : Smart : wParam = 100, lParam = 4008
18:27:37 : Step : Upgrade Error error code = 4008

t499user

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I did see that a .kdz includes the .dz file and a .dll file that get decompressed when it's ready to flash using kdzupdater.

So there should be a way if you have the .dll and the .dz file to recreate a .kdz but I don't have that and my phone is still dead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams