Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Not getting pictures in text messages on Samsung Galaxy Precedent

Hi.

I got my Samsung Galaxy Precedent last week, and after some bumps trying to get used to this, I've been able to fix most problems I've had, except with images in texts.

I can send or attach messages to texts, but I don't get any images being sent to me.
    The Precedent runs on Straight Talk's network, and has "unlimited" talk, text and data. It's letting me send as far as I know, but I can't get any incoming pics in texts. Any suggestions?
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Default Re: Not getting pictures in text messages on Samsung Galaxy Prece

Because your sender needs to check MMS settings. Also be aware of what your MMS file limit sizes are.

I have a similiar problem. I recieve picture text but i cant save them to my phone, how i do i save them. every time i go to Android market, it wants me to add a google account. I don't want a google, i just want to save my pics from my picture text.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

To save a pic from a sms, usually we "long press" on the image, and select Save. Usually.

As far as not wanting a google account for the market, then you will have to access the android market by your web browser. android.market.com I believe is the address.

Note, if you do not have a barcode scanner app on your device, I suggest that is the first app you get

Quote Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post
    As far as not wanting a google account for the market, then you will have to access the android market by your web browser. android.market.com I believe is the address.

I tried android.market.com and it was totally unrelated.
    Google led me to the correct site market.android.com
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Quote Originally Posted by electricpete View Post
    I tried android.market.com and it was totally unrelated.
    Google led me to the correct site market.android.com
    I was close

i just had the same problem, both sending and receiving pictures in texts, on my verizon moto droid and then bionic. after 3 tries they were FINALLY able to figure out that with the last software update that this feature somehow got "blocked" in my plan. no idea how or why, but they were finally able to unlock and all is well