Are there different Galaxy S2's? Which one should I get?

crewxp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to sell my iPhone4 for a Galaxy S2. I have always wanted an android. I heard the Galaxy S2 is the best android.

I am debating between searching on ebay for one and buying one through AT&T as I'm elligible for an upgrade. So my question is...: Are there different versions of the S2?

What's the latest version I should search on eBay? And whats the difference between the set AT&T Offers and most phones selling on eBay are?

Thanks!!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Can't tell you specifically, but, if it's about devices in the states, and 2 different carriers are both selling the same phone, they will each have their own carrier "skin" installed. The internal hardware should be the same. The skins are what makes the device "unique", and typically come pre-installed with applications. Different carriers use different apps.

On E-Bay, there are probably "unlocked" phones for sale also. These typically come from say Europe, and don't have carrier skins installed, and are not locked to any 1 carrier. There are pro's and con's to a non-branded phone.

Pro; not locked to a network so you can install local sim cards when travelling abroad. Also, they come with no carrier "bloatware" (bonus apps).
Con; May not get full functionality (4gLte for example) and be relegated to 3g only (still not bad). Also, if it breaks, you'll need to find an authorized warranty service center.

If you buy "any" phone from E-Bay, be sure to get the ESN number first so you can check to ensure it's not a stolen device or somebody didn't pay their bill. If you get a "blocked" device ESN, you just bought yourself an expensive doorstop!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Only other thing to add is the difference in Galaxy SII between the 3 carriers is very slight. They all are very close in looks, screen size and processor power... Really there isn't any real "winner" over the others between the 3 different US carriers.. Only one thing I can recommend you seriously consider is Samsung's proven reputation for slow updates. They always try to put on a good face that they have "changed" when they release a new model but it still seems to come down to slow Sammy updates. If this doesn't bother you or your into running rooted with custom ROMs then continue forward my friend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol